If you are on this page, it’s hopefully because you have taken the brilliant step of choosing to take part in our second annual Plastic-Free Day! Firstly, thank you! It’s just one day, that will hopefully lead to more days choosing to say no to pointless, disposable plastic in an effort to reduce the amount of plastic pouring into our local environment and wider seas and oceans. We are coordinating this day and providing all the resources below, free for schools to download and use. Please make sure you email us at email@example.com so that we can add you to our list of participating schools!
We have a range of activity ideas, presentations and lesson plans here for you to download for the day (or any other time), all totally free. You can download the whole lot as a zip file, or separate items if you prefer. These files are shared on dropbox – click on the links below and select ‘Direct Download’ to download them. You do not need an account. Here you go:
Letters and Posters
- Letter template to parents (downloads in Microsoft Word – please use however you see fit, tailor to your own school, send out in a newsletter or a specific communication to parents)
- Poster about the day
- We also have an ‘Ocean Defender’ certificate, please feel free to download and print out for children if you would like to.
Assemblies – PowerPoint Presentations
- Primary School 7th May Plastic-Free Day Assembly Presentation (14.4 MB)
- Secondary School 7th May Plastic-Free Day Assembly Presentation (26.4 MB)
Resources for Activities and Lessons
- Secondary School Resource Pack
- KS3 7th May 2020 Powerpoint Resource, KS3 Accompanying Worksheet – Plastic Free Day 2020
- Until The Coast Is Clear – video by Jessica Reid
34MB video, 7 minutes long. Short video documenting plastic pollution along the south coast of the UK, 7 minutes long. Suitable for older primary age and secondary – some footage of injured seal – please watch in advance to check you are happy to show it for younger children!
Gallery of junk modelling/sculpture ideas
If you have any problems downloading these items, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org